Our Embrace coordinator, Lauren, shares the latest update on how things are developing with the Embrace project:
1. Who has been financially supported?
- 18 women
- All 18 women are from countries outside of the UK
2. How have they used the financial support?
- Clothing for themselves and their children
- Household Items
- Education Courses
- Personal Hygiene products
- Prams and other baby items
3. How much money has been given from Embrace thus far?
- £2005.00 since November 2016
1. How many befrienders have been DBS checked and trained?
- 15 volunteers
- We will host another training in September 2017 and are hoping for more befrienders so that we can accept more applications from agencies.
2. How many befriending relationships are currently in progress through Embrace?
- 10 friendships
3. What have befrienders been up to with their Embrace friends?
- Acting as the birth partner for an expectant mother and being able to cut the cord at the birth
- Teaching a mother of two children how to use the bus and access the library
- Attending a birthday party for the 1-year old child of their Embrace friend
- Going for LOTS of coffees!
- Walking around Tredegar House
- Attending Toddler Groups
- Playing at parks
- Helping with English skills
- Shopping together
- AND LOTS MORE!!!!
We are so pleased with how this project is going thus far! Thanks to everyone who has played a part in making this possible!
If you would like to be a part of Embrace in any capacity (financial giving, praying, befriending), please get in touch with Lauren at Lauren@redcommunity.co.uk.